Saving... Please wait..!
2024 Governing Body
- Ron Hoffmann brings more than 35 years of diverse experience to SixRing Inc, having served in leadership positions in Canada’s diplomatic service, federal and provincial governments, private sector and civil society.
- As a Canadian diplomat Ron has served in six countries spanning four continents, with extensive experience in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. His roles including Senior Trade Commissioner, Director General of Strategic Policy, Director of Defence and Security Policy, and Senior Advisor to two Canadian foreign ministers.
- Ron has served as Ambassador in Afghanistan at the height of Canada’s engagement and as Ambassador in Thailand with cross accreditation to Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos. His other postings were in China, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and South Africa.
- Since 2014 Ron has served Alberta as Senior Representative to Asia based in Hong Kong, and then as Interim CEO and then COO of Invest Alberta tasked with standing up the corporation in its initial year and supporting several major new investments into the province.
- While based in Hong Kong, Ron was elected Vice Chairman of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce from 2015-2019. He is a frequent commentator and lecturer on foreign policy, international affairs and government.
- Ron is currently Chairman of the Board of the National Access Arts Centre (NaAC), Canada’s oldest and largest arts organization supporting artists with disabilities.
Beware of email scams