Saving... Please wait..!
Highlights of the Global Petroleum Show 2019
Exhibition – June 11 – 13
Over 50,000 members of government, CEOs, decision makers and visitors visited the 51st Global Petroleum Show at Stampede Park. This year’s Show featured new additions including Pipeline Alley, the Passport Program in the Outdoor Zone and two separate conferences: the Strategic Conference and the Technical Conference.
GPS Strategic Conference – June 11-13
Memorable attendees including Alberta Premier Hon. Jason Kenney, Saskatchewan Premier Hon. Scott Moe, and entrepreneur and philanthropist W. Brett Wilson delivered keynote speeches and participated in panels during the new programming of the Strategic Conference. Here are some of the highlights:
· Alberta Premier, Hon. Jason Kenney kicked off the Global Petroleum Show on a positive note. “Alberta is open for business.”
· Saskatchewan Premier, Hon. Scott Moe delivered a leadership speech and sat down with Global Petroleum Show emcee Danielle Smith as part of a Q&A. “This is what Canada can bring to the conversation. Innovation. We always bring innovation.”
· Tim McMillan, President & CEO of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) released the 2019 Crude Oil Forecast, Markets and Transportation report. CAPP projects Canadian crude oil production will increase by 1.27 million barrels per day (b/d) to 5.86 million b/d by 2035.
· Martha Hall Findlay, President & CEO of the Canada West Foundation delivered a keynote speech about the amendments and work going into the infamous Bill C-69. “This is not a partisan issue. It’s a Canadian issue.”
· W. Brett Wilson, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist and former CBC Dragon shared stories about his success, mistakes, and how to succeed in business without losing principals. “Here in Canada we focus on what extremists say.”
GPS Technical Conference – June 11-13
The GPS Technical Conference brought together technical energy professionals from around the world to present and discuss the latest technologies, processes and innovations. Here are some of the highlights:
· James Graham, President & CEO of GuildOne led an insightful discussion on monitoring hydrocarbons throughout the value chain with blockchain.
· Mark Smith, Director, Omnia AI of Deloitte Canada and Shak Parran, Partner, AI Insights Leader of Deloitte Canada discussed Deloitte’s artificial intelligence practice, and how AI reduces costs, optimizes performance and improves the company’s environmental footprint.
Young GPS: The Future of Energy – June 11-13
Local top performing students between the ages of 12-17 with an interest in STEM were invited to participate in a one-of-a-kind afternoon program where they met with industry experts to learn how the newest technological advancements are influencing the industry, and how a future career in the energy industry can contribute to Canada’s global leadership position.
Canada’s Largest Pro Oil and Gas Rally – June 11
In partnership with Canada Action and other industry associations, the Global Petroleum Show became the venue of Canada’s largest pro oil and gas rally on Tuesday, June 11. The impressive lineup of speakers from all levels of government united with the message “Alberta is open for business,” and it spoke volumes to the over 4,000 guests in attendance. Speakers included:
· Hon. Scott Moe, Premier of Saskatchewan
· Sonya Savage, Alberta Energy Minister
· Greg Rickford, Ontario Energy Minister
· Gerard Deltell, Quebec Conservative MP
· Ellis Ross, BC Liberal MLA
· Lori Ackerman, Mayor of Fort St. John
· Cody Battershill, Founder of Canada Action
GPS Awards Gala – June 11
Eleven companies and individuals celebrated as the winners of the GPS Awards. Hosted by Cliff Prang, the Canadian-themed evening was filled with excitement, laughter and performances by Trevor Pelletier from Siksika, and Spiritual Leader Hal Eagletail and his daughter Cherokee Eagletail of Tsuu T’ina. The winning companies and individuals are: Steel River Group, JEBCO International Ltd., Crux OCM, MGX Minerals Inc., Natural Gas Innovation Fund, Scovan Forward Engineering, Hifi Engineering, TriCore Carbon Solutions Inc., Pahwah Metaltech, Suha Kayum of Saudi Aramco and Jim Gray.
GPS X COWBOYS After Party and Concert – June 12
In partnership with Cowboys Dance Hall, the Global Petroleum Show hosted GPS X COWBOYS After Party and Concert following the exhibition. Over 500 guests joined us for a private networking opportunity and soundcheck prior to a concert featuring Vanilla Ice.