Saving... Please wait..!
Highlights of the 50th Anniversary Global Petroleum Show 2018
Exhibition – June 12-14
Memorable guests from Government of Alberta, Deron Bilous, Minister of Economic Development and Trade and Margaret McCuaig-Boyd, Minister of Energy, walked the exhibition floor to meet with exhibitors and learn about the latest industry technologies. While the exhibition floor was flooded with networking, meetings and business transactions the Country Market Seminar Series was a full house each day discussing the international opportunities in countries: Argentina, Brazil, Brunei, Colombia, Europe, Gabon, Ghana, Israel, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, USA, and Ukraine.
GPS Business & Technical Conference – June 12 – 14
The first annual GPS Conference concluded on Thursday, June 14, 2018 with optimism from the industry as Canadian crude production is expected to increase, while sustainable and digital technologies lower costs and increase efficiencies. Here are some of the highlights:
- Tim McMillian, President of CAPP announced the annual Crude Oil Forecast for 2018, which posed a positive tone for the remainder of the conference as production is expected to increase to 5.6 million b / d by 2035.
- The energy sector is a world leader in environmental stewardship and efficiencies, and promotion of our strengths is critical to support investment into North America.
- “It’s never been more important to get a Canadian pipeline built to a Canadian coast in the Canadian interest”, announced Honourable Rachel Notley, Premier of Alberta.
- The Government of Alberta and the State of Texas formally signed an MOU to encourage trade, technology advancement and workforce between the two jurisdictions.
- Digital technologies such as artificial intelligence and blockchain are making disruptive waves in the industry to increase HSE, technology performance, and lower organizational costs.
GPS Awards Gala – Tuesday, June 12
Hosted by Cliff Prang, the GPS Awards Gala was an evening filled with celebration, networking and amazing food. This year there were nine award categories and honorable mentions. In honor of Suzanne West (April 26, 1965 – March 6, 2018), energy-industry veteran whom built two companies and was leading her third in Calgary, Canada, the Environmental Excellence Award has officially been renamed “Suzanne West Environmental Excellence Award”.
GPS Celebrates Concert – Wednesday, June 13
The 50th Anniversary Global Petroleum Show celebration consisted of networking, good food, and a high energy performance from The Spazmatics! A portion of the events proceeds was donated to Ronald McDonald House Charities Southern & Central Alberta. Nick Samain, Vice President at dmg events and Rebecca Watts, Operations Manager at dmg events presented the cheque for $7,500 (far left picture).
Young GPS: The Future of Energy – Thursday, June 14
50 students between the ages of 12-17 were chosen to participate in the inaugural Young GPS program. They spent the afternoon meeting with industry experts learning how the newest technological advancements are making measurable differences to sustainability in the industry and how their continued involvement in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) will contribute to Canada’s future global leadership position. The program also included an interactive tour of GPS as well as a scavenger hunt to learn about the industry supply chain and how it relates to everyday life.
Beware of email scams